Social Media Guidelines
The City of Newnan welcomes public interactions on City social media sites that feature such comments. To keep our social media sites safe forums for sharing reader experiences, suggesting improvements, or joining a conversation, we have established the following guidelines. User comments are not screened prior to being published and do not necessarily reflect our viewpoints or opinions, and they are the sole responsibility of the individual who posts them. City social media sites are moderated and comments are reviewed by the City of Newnan.
To ensure exchanges are informative, respectful of diverse viewpoints, and lawful, we will not allow comments that:
- Are spam, or otherwise sell, solicit, promote, or publicize a commercial product, service, or event unrelated or unapproved by the City of Newnan.
- Are personal attacks: if you disagree with a post or comment, we ask that you refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful of others.
- Are illegal: laws that govern use of copyrights, trade secrets, etc., will be followed.
- Are misleading or false information, including links to sites containing misleading or false information
- Which reference employees or departments by name in a defamatory manner, or in a manner that reveals information of employees or officials regulated by applicable privacy laws.
- Which include offensive language: comments including, but not limited to, profane or provocative language, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content, threats, obscene or sexually explicit language or images about or toward any person group, organization or belief.
The City of Newnan will not edit comments to remove objectionable content, so please ensure that all comments contain none of the above. Such comments may be hidden from public viewing. In order to protect commenters’ own privacy and the privacy of others, please be sure to not include personally identifiable information such as Social Security numbers, home addresses, personal phone numbers or personal email addresses in the body of a comment.